For a fun and delicious no-bake Halloween treat, make a mummy snack with Twinkies! This easy recipe only uses 3 ingredients and there is no baking involved!
There's just something special about a Twinkie and I love seeing them all dressed up for a Halloween party.
✨ Here is why this recipe is amazing:
- Quick and easy to make mummy themed snack
- Great for Halloween parties
- Fun for school lunches
- Almost no prep time
🥫 Ingredients needed:
Make these cute little mummies using snack cakes, melted white chocolate and candy eyes. It's that easy!
📝 Ingredient notes:
- 1 10-count box of Hostess Twinkies
- 1 16-ounce package vanilla melting chocolate (almond bark)
- Candy eyes
- Add lollipop sticks to the bottom of each cake to make mummy Twinkie pops.
- Dip Twinkies in green melting chocolate and decorate to look like Frankenstein.
- Feel free to use white chocolate chips or candy melts instead of white almond bark.
👻 How to make Twinkie Mummies
Step 1: Place Twinkies on a wire rack over a parchment paper or wax paper lined baking sheet. Or you can put them directly on the paper if you prefer.
Step 2: Heat the tray of almond bark according to package instructions.
TIP: if using white candy melts, add to a microwave safe bowl. Heat in the microwave for 30 seconds at a time, stirring between each interval. To thin chocolate, add a little Crisco or coconut oil to the bowl and stir.
Step 3: Pour the chocolate into a disposable piping bag and cut a small tip off the bag.
Step 4: Drizzle the chocolate over the top of each Twinkie to create the mummy “bandages" allowing the cookie sheet or paper to catch the melted chocolate.
Step 5: Add two candy eyeballs to the top of each cake and allow the chocolate to set before serving.
Enjoy these fun treats right away or as an after school snack! For another snack idea, try these decadent red velvet Rice Krispie treats!
❄️ Storage Tips
Store these little guys in an airtight container on the countertop or refrigerator.
You can also wrap them in plastic wrapping individually to add these easy Halloween treats for a lunchtime school treat.
Print the Recipe Card
Print and save these yummy mummies to make again and again!
Next time you head to a Halloween party with friends or at the office, this snack one of the easiest Halloween recipes out there.
Mummy Snack with Twinkies
- 1 10- count package Twinkies
- 1 16- ounce package vanilla melting chocolate almond bark
- Candy eyes
- Melt the chocolate according to the package instructions.
- Pour the chocolate into a piping bag and cut the tip off the bag.
- Drizzle the chocolate over the top of each Twinkie to create mummy “bandages.”
- Add two candy eyes to the top of each cookie, then allow the chocolate to set before serving and enjoy!
Founder and Family Food Blogger
Andrea believes that most of life’s problems can be solved with a good meal and a lot of love. She thinks cooking doesn't have to be complicated and loves a good shortcut!