This Potato Chip Cookie Recipe is the perfect combination of sweet and salty rolled into one tasty treat! With crunchy potato chips and dark chocolate in every bite, this unique cookie is always a hit!
There's nothing we love more than delicious recipes that are that perfect balance of sweet and salty! From chocolate covered pretzels to saltine toffee, we can't get enough!
Now we're combining two of our favorite snacks, sweet chocolate chip cookies and salty potato chips, into one delicious treat. Once you make this potato chip cookie recipe, you'll want to add potato chips to all your recipes. Plus, it's a great way to use up all those little pieces of potato chips at the bottom of the bag!
Cookie recipes with potato chips may sound a bit odd, but they’re absolutely heavenly! You get the best of both worlds in one snack and these soft and buttery cookies are always a crowd-pleaser!
✨ Here is why this recipe is amazing:
- Fun flavor combination: Ever want a snack but can't decide if you want something salty or sweet? Now, you don’t have to choose just one. With the sweetness of traditional cookies and the saltiness of potato chips, these potato chip cookies combine the best of both worlds!
- Easy to make: With just a few simple steps and ingredients you probably already have on hand, you can whip up a batch of these cookies in no time.
- Great for kids: Thanks to its simple steps, even the kids can help out in the kitchen making this easy recipe. Not only is it great for a little rainy day fun but it's a fun way to squeeze in some bonding time and make fun memories!
🥫 Ingredients needed:
Here is a visual overview of the ingredients in the recipe. Scroll down to the recipe at the bottom for quantities.
📝 Ingredient notes:
- All-purpose flour
- Light brown sugar
- Granulated sugar
- Baking soda
- Unsalted butter
- Vanilla extract
- Dark chocolate chips
- Potato chips, crushed
- Don't have dark chocolate chips? This recipe works great with milk chocolate or semi-sweet chocolate chips too. For a little more variation, try some peanut butter chips or butterscotch chips.
- Our favorites are the chips with ridges but you can use any kind of potato chips for this recipe.
- For even more crunch, try adding chopped nuts. Walnuts or pecans would be great with this recipe.
📷 How To Make Potato Chip Cookies
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line two cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- Mix flour and baking soda in a medium mixing bowl. Set flour mixture aside.
- Using the bowl of a stand mixer or hand mixer, cream butter, brown sugar and granulated sugar until well blended.
- Add eggs and vanilla, mixing well.
- Add the dry ingredients, a little at a time, mixing on low speed until all ingredients are well blended.
- Stir in chocolate chips and crushed potato chips.
- Form cookie dough into one inch balls (a cookie scoop works great for this) and place on prepared baking sheets.
- Bake 12-14 minutes or until the edges of the cookies are golden brown.
📝 Frequently asked questions, answers and tips:
If you're lucky enough to have any of these delicious cookies left over, store them at room temperature in an airtight container.
Tips & Tricks
- Don't overmix your dough. This could give you tougher cookies. Mix just until ingredients are well blended.
- To keep your cookies from browning too much on the bottom (or even burning), swap the trays halfway through baking. Take the cookie sheet from the top rack and place it on the bottom rack, and vice versa. This will result in more evenly baked cookies.
More Delicious Cookie Recipes:
- Snickerdoodle Cookies Recipe
- Marshmallow S'mores Cookies
- Funfetti Cookies
- Pinwheel Sugar Cookies
- Hershey Kiss Cookie
- Chocolate Icebox Cookies
- Blueberry Cookies
- Butterbeer Cookies
Potato Chip Cookie Recipe
- 2 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup unsalted butter softened
- 2 eggs
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups dark chocolate chips
- 2 cups potato chips crushed
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Mix flour and baking soda in a medium bowl. Set aside.
- Mix butter, sugar and brown sugar in a separate bowl, beating on medium speed.
- Add eggs and vanilla, mixing well.
- Mix in dry ingredients, a little at a time, until all ingredients are well blended.
- Stir in chocolate chips and potato chips.
- Scoop dough with a cookie scoop and place on cookie sheet.
- Bake 12-14 minutes or until the edges of the cookies are lightly browned.
- Let cool for about five minutes, then transfer to a cooling rack.
Leave a Reply