Full of your favorite pizza flavors these mini pepper pizzas are the perfect appetizer! In only 20 minutes you can have a delicious, cheesy, crunchy appetizer or snack that everyone loves!
These delicious mini pizzas are perfect for any party or gathering, they also make an amazing after school snack! Personalize them with your favorite toppings!
✨ Here is why this recipe is amazing:
- These pepper pizzas are a great healthy snack! They are naturally low carb, a great way to sneak in some extra veggies, and can be personalized with your choice of toppings to meet any dietary needs!
- With just a few minutes of prep and 10 minutes of baking these peppers come together quickly! They are perfect for game or movie nights when you want something tasty without spending a ton of time in the kitchen!
- These sweet mini peppers have all the deliciousness of pizza that your entire family will enjoy!
🥫 Ingredients needed:
These only require a few easy to find, simple ingredients! You can add any additional pizza toppings that you'd like!
Here is a visual overview of the ingredients in the recipe. Scroll down to the recipe at the bottom for quantities.
📝 Ingredient Checklist:
- Mini Sweet Peppers
- Marinara Sauce or Pizza Sauce
- Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- Shredded Parmesan Cheese
- Mini Pepperoni
🔄 Substitutions & Variations
If you can't find mini pepperoni you can use regular pepperoni cut into fourths. You can also use turkey pepperoni if desired.
You can use any brand of marinara sauce, if you are following a low carb or keto diet make sure to choose a sauce that is low in sugar and carbs.
Swap out the tomato sauce for any other sauce you love on pizza, vodka sauce or alfredo sauce are both delicious!
📷 How to Make Mini Pepper Pizzas, photo instructions
Preheat your oven to 350 and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
First, you'll need to slice your mini bell peppers in half lengthwise. Leave the stem on the peppers and slice through them.
Then carefully use a small paring knife to remove the seeds and the white pith.
Place peppers evenly spaced on your prepared baking pan.
Carefully spoon sauce into each of the pepper halves to cover the bottom.
Stuff the pepper with a pinch of mozzarella cheese, and sprinkle the top of each pepper with parmesan.
Carefully place pepperoni on top of the cheese.
Place the baking sheet in the oven for about 10 minutes or until the cheese is melted.
♨️ Reheating Instructions
These pizza peppers are best served fresh but can be reheated easily.
Place them on a parchment lined baking tray in a 300 degree oven for about 5-10 minutes, or until heated through.
The peppers will be softer after being reheated.
📝 Frequently asked questions, answers and tips:
These peppers are best served fresh out of the oven, but can be prepped ahead of time! You can cut the peppers and fill them and keep them in the fridge until you are ready to bake them.
Keep any leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator. They can be served cold, or at room temperature if desired (they are great in lunchboxes!)
Mini Pepper Pizzas
- 5-10 Mini Sweet Peppers
- ½ Cup Marinara Sauce
- ½ Cup Shredded Mozzarella
- ¼ Cup Shredded Parmesan
- ¼ Cup Mini Pepperoni
- Preheat oven to 350 and line a baking sheet with parchment
- Cut peppers in half lengthwise and remove seeds
- Place peppers on prepared baking sheet
- Spoon sauce into peppers covering the bottom of each pepper
- Stuff each pepper with shredded mozzarella and sprinkle with shredded parmesan
- Place pepperoni on the top of each pepper
- Bake for 10 minutes or until cheese is completely melted
- Serve immediately
Founder & Food Blogger - Far From Normal
As the mom of 3 boys Krista knows how often moms get asked "What do we have to eat??" Her goal is to share quick, easy and delicious recipes to help you feed your family, without spending hours in the kitchen!