Filled with fresh and filling ingredients, this blueberry breakfast smoothie is a perfect morning treat that will keep you full for hours. This delicious smoothie combines fresh blueberries, banana, oats, and yogurt to make the perfect healthy breakfast.
Blueberry Breakfast Smoothie
This no added sugar recipe is a great way to make a healthy smoothie that only uses simple, fresh ingredients. It's a nutritious breakfast that only takes 5 minutes to make with basic ingredients. Add in some protein powder to make it a complete breakfast.
We love a good healthy smoothie like this one with chia seeds.
✨ Here is why this recipe is amazing:
- It's healthy. It's a great way to get healthy ingredients in at the beginning of your day
- Easy breakfast! Pour it and take it with you for an easy on-the-go breakfast
- Kids love it! What a great way to get vitamins and minerals in and teach kids that healthy food can taste great!
🥫 Ingredients needed:
📝 Ingredient notes:
- ½ cup fresh or frozen blueberries - we used fresh, but frozen work just as well. They'll add a thicker consistency if you like that.
- ½ fresh ripe banana - you can also use a frozen banana for added thickness.
- ½ cup vanilla yogurt - can substitute Greek yogurt for a tarter taste.
- ¼ cup old-fashioned oats - this gives the amazing oat flavor
- ½ cup milk - any type of milk or milk substitute will work. Just use your favorite brand of milk or milk substitute.
- Ground nutmeg or cinnamon
- Bee pollen
- Chia seeds
- Flax seeds
- Vanilla or plain protein powder
- fresh fruit instead of frozen and vice versa
- vanilla almond milk, or regular almond milk for regular milk
- added sweetness - add some honey or maple syrup for added sweetness
- add protein in the form of peanut butter, almond butter, another type of nut butter
🔪 How to make this breakfast smoothie
Place all the ingredients in a blender.
Blend for a few minutes until the ingredients are smooth. Get out your favorite glass and pour this creamy smoothie in and enjoy!
❄️ Storage Tips
If you want to save time, you can make this and drink one and save one for later. Cover and store in the refrigerator for up to two days.
If the smoothie is too thick you can add more milk about ¼ cup at a time until you reach the desired consistency
Use a powerful blender, especially if you're using frozen ingredients
📝 Frequently asked questions, answers and tips:
How Can I Incorporate Protein in this Smoothie?
The yogurt in the smoothie contains protein, but you can swap with Greek yogurt for even more protein. You can also add any type of nut butter, flax seeds, or chia seeds to add more protein.
And, of course, a great option is adding a vanilla or plain protein powder to the smoothie.
Yes, you can use oat milk, but we recommend you reduce the amount of old-fashioned oats.
You're going to love this perfect breakfast on busy mornings.
Blueberry Breakfast Smoothie
- ½ cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- ½ fresh or frozen banana
- ½ cup vanilla yogurt
- ¼ cup old-fashioned oats
- ½ cup milk
- Combine all ingredients in blender and blend until smooth.
Founder and Editor at BalancingMotherhood.com
As a mom of two busy teens, Alicia switched from Corporate Exec to professional recipe developer making easy recipes for busy moms.
Leave a Reply